Couch Pillows

     When we moved a few months ago, we had to sell our fabulous huge chocolate brown sectional. 
I can't believe we sold it. 
Thankfully though, our good friends and neighbors bought a new couch around the same time.
So we bought their old one from them. It's been a hand me down a few times... but it's not that bad, right?
 I just love the stripes- and I know I would never be brave enough to spend a lot of money on a striped couch. So, for $35 - it was worth the risk. 
Since we were moving, I wanted to re-do my decorating scheme. It was old and not my fave. 

Here is the couch in our new place, with the pillows from the old couch... 




(sorry, its a night time cell pic)





Well, at the beginning of summer (before we even knew we were moving) I saw pictures of Joel Dewberry's newest fabric line. I was in Heaven. I knew they were exactly the colors I wanted for my living room. 


The orange was kinda crazy for me, but I decided to do it. The problem was, I wanted the fabric immediately. 
It wasn't even being sold for another few months... augh! 

Well, I finally got it mid-August (I know...this post is kinda late) - and I love how my pillows turned out. 

 I added zippers, since my kids tend to get everything on pillows. Zippers are way easier than you think. There is a great tutorial here.







Follow me on PINTEREST!!


p.s. I got a gorgeous new piano this week - I can't wait to fix it up and show you!!


I will be linking this up to some of the blogs found HERE.








17 comments:

  1. Wow I love the pillows and the colors. I might just be looking into some of that fabric. Its funny cause as soon as you said you added zippers. I was thinking to my self "I dont think I'm that good on a sewing machine." Then the next line was, they are easier then you think. :) So thanks for the encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the bright colors you picked. Thanks for the link to the zipper tutorial, zippers scare me ;) and I have kids that well, you know ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. coming over from the weekend wrap-up party!
    LOVE the updated look. that couch is just wonderful in the space now. i also love that you went with mis-match sides on the pillows. beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the pillows. You have a knack for decorating! Looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely colours :)
    and do not miss.....

    S
    A
    T
    U
    R
    D
    A
    Y

    S
    H
    O
    W

    O
    F
    F

    WELCOME :)
    Håkan ( The Roseman)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Darling!! I love your accent pillows- the colors are beautiful!! I host a decorating link party on the weekends at my blog if you would like to come share sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fabrics! They were well worth waiting for! I need to make pillows for our couch soon too :)

    Coming over from http://chasing2monkeys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is super creative..love it :)) I'm your newest follower from mad skills blog linky today, Marilyn via http://theartsygirlconnection.blogspot.com..So much creative and inspiring crafts here..Hope u can visit me sometime :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. CUTE pillows! Love the couch also :) Great job and thanks for sharing that zipper tutorial.... I'm going to need that soon ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay, sooo beautiful! You did a great job! :) (hopped over from the CRAFT link party) Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your pillows, such bright and cheery colors! I love the zippers you did a great job on them. I featured the at So Very Creative. Thanks for linking up! Feel free to grab a button!
    http://soverycreative.blogspot.com/2011/10/couch-pillows.html

    ReplyDelete
  12. These are gorgeous!! So cute! Would LOVE it if you would link this up at my turquoise lovin' party going on right now!! http://www.sweetlittlegals.com/2011/10/turquoise-lovin-9.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love it! Please post this, and anything else you may have,in my link party at
    http://diycraftstomake.blogspot.com/

    Thanks,

    Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a wonderful job you did on the pillows. It makes the couch look like new. Congratulations!!! I found and am now following you through My Romantic Home and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  15. They turned out beautiful! Thanks so much for linking up with us at Show & Share! Can't wait to see you again this Wednesday!

    Marie
    mylilpinkpocket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete