How To Cover A Breaker Box










 
Right when you walk into our new town-home,  you see this lovely breaker box...
not the prettiest, eh?




 
Well, I found this vinyl chalkboard sticker for 70 percent off! 
I figured it was worth the $5!





 I decided to cut around the edge of the frame, for a more custom look. I also decided not to peel the back off-- 
Then I added strips of self adhesive magnets ($3)




 And here is what it looks like! Don't mind my handwriting... or the whiteness of the picture, we get a TON of sunlight in our front room.
=)




See? It really is under there! 











Total Cost for this project:
Less than $8.00! 

 Pin It  
 
 
I will be linking this up to some of THESE awesome blogs...
 
 






 

18 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! I have a poster covering ours... and I LOVE your handwriting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great solution to a not so great but needed eyesore.

    stacinay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea! It looks fabulous! I really need to do something to cover my own breaker box. My husband (an electrician) was trying to be funny and covered ours with danger high voltage signs... which was definitely not my taste!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a great idea! Luckily my breaker box is outdoors, but if I had something laminated I could do something similar. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute! Where did you find the decal?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! When my husband and I lived in our last place, I hung a picture over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super idea, I pinned it you can see it here http://pinterest.com/pin/123861337/

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a brilliant idea. Great thinking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How fun! Great idea :) I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it, what a great idea.....you would never know a breaker box was underneath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. GENIUS!! I'm SO pinning this!!
    I'm hosting a party right now, & would love if you stopped by & linked up!
    http://formamas.blogspot.com/2011/08/show-tell-party-2.html

    Chrissy @ formamas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. so smart! I have one of those in our living room on a focal wall.

    ReplyDelete
  13. That is genius! How adorable...happy we don't have that inside the house...it's in the garage...but now I know how to cover one if ever needed.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. OMG I so needed to see something like this! I've been trying to figure out how to cover up the breaker box in my craft room reno, and this is such a fantastic idea...thanks so much for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great Idea. I actually covered mine with a mirror. I put small door hinges on one side of the frame so I can open and close it as needed.

    ReplyDelete