Ring Holder Tutorial

 I needed a cute new way to display rings for all the upcoming shows and fairs, 
so I decided to finally make ring holders out of heels like the 
one I saw in Ruche:


I just LOVE the nautical stripes, but I couldn't find any white (or blue) heels at the DI, so I decided to go a little fancier. 

I forked over a whopping $4 for these heels. 

=)


 After cleaning/disinfecting (...ya never know!) them, I painted the bottoms red like 
beloved Christian Louboutin shoes! 
{acrylic paint worked great}

I decided to do each shoe different, since I wouldn't be wearing them ever anyways.
For the first one, I cut up a bunch of little circles, rounded the edges, and hot glued them on. Then I glued a rhinestone button on for some bling!



 For the next shoe I was feeling a little lazy, so I just took the left over black material and glued it here and there... I ended up LOVING the look- I would totally rock these shoes. 


 But I need these shoes to really grab people's attention, so I added a little sparkle...

I thought I had foam (for the inserts) but I couldn't find it tonight, so I just grabbed some scrap fabric and pillow stuffing. 
There is probably a much nicer, more professional way to do this- but oh well.
;)
1. Cut a rectangle out of scrap fabric
2. Hot glue long ends together
3. Stuff it full of stuffing...
4. And hot glue the ends
5. Then I just glued them into the shoe...
Easy!!

And I'm sure you guys can find way cuter shoes to do this with- our DI didn't have a great selection this week...


Ruche's version: $18.99 (excluding s&h)

My version: $4! 






Pin It






I will be linking up to these fabulous blogs:




17 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! This is brilliant! I'll have to do something similar to this ASAP. I'm visiting from Tip Junkie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool idea! Thanks for linking up to Mad Skills Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this Idea!!! and jewelry holders can be so expensive! what a stylish way to display! thanks for the tutorial!
    I make jewelry too:
    http://cottoncandydreamsjewelery.blogspot.com/2011/04/items-i-have-made.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's an adorable way to display jewelry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea!! I can't wait to try it! Thanks so much for linking it up to Try it Tuesday! I am featuring this today! I have new buttons that actually work, so make sure to grab them if you like!
    Have a happy Monday!
    Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome!!! Love this idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW you are so creative! Way to make it your own! Ps I'm your newest follower!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea!!! Sooooo cute!
    I have some old shoes that I KNOW I will be doing this to. :D
    xo
    Cody
    http://machoandtough.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. very nice, you gave me also, an idea what to do with my old plastic boots... a place for umbrellas... thank u.

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is such a great idea! found your blog through pinterest :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Good idea. How you get this idea. It's a craft shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cute idea, but this would cost me more than $4 since I don't have any of the materials on hand other than the heels.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've seen these in the stores before but never thought of making my own - how fun! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was just looking at this and thinking, you know what would be perfect for this? Those little pink foam curlers that you can get at the dollar store! I bet they would squish right in there and look nice and neat and snug!
    Really cool idea! Thanks for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome idea to use curlers!!!

      Delete